Today’s nail art is a simple yet bold design that is quite easy to achieve.
I used two colours – Chrome Gold by Model’s Own and Electra by L. A. Colours
Initially, I was only going to switch the order of the colours for my feature nail, but then got a little carried away and decided to apply Electra on top of Chrome Gold on my pinky and index fingernail.
- Apply one coat of the Chrome Gold on my feature nail (Perks: Highly pigmented and dries ridiculously fast).
- Apply two coats of Electra on thumb, index, middle, and pinky fingers. Electra took longer to dry and you could probably get away with using only one coat, but I prefer using thin coats over thicker ones.
- Once polish is dry, I applied Chrome Gold and painted over the Electra only (and vice versa for the feature nail), leaving a few millimetres of space from my cuticle in order to achieve the reverse french manicure.
- You could stop here, or do what I did and apply Electra over the index and pinky fingernail.
- Finally, top it off with a fast drying top coat.
Overall I think it turned out quite well. You could also change the colours around – Instead of using Magenta, you could use White, or even a Royal Blue.
- Have you tried this design? Was it easy?
- What colours would you use?